The map below shows traces from 69 cross country flights in my ASG29 during 2019, totaling 23,200 miles (37,283 km) and 400 hours, averaging 336 miles (540km) per cross country flight, at an average speed of 58 mph. The flights spanned most of California, Nevada and Utah, including crossing over to Oregon and Idaho. During those trips I visited 20 airports (planned and unplanned).
Highlights from the year:
- 2nd place in the OLC-USA Champion category
- 2nd place in the OLC-USA all flights category
- 1st place Tehachapi Dust Devil Dash
- Had 9 flights over 1000km (8 consecutive) The highest I ever done in one season.
- Flying for the first time with my 19 years old son Nathan in G103. We flew for 3 hours nearly 130 km XC over San Antonio Valley getting to 9500 feet
- More landouts than ever: Tracy (twice), Harris Ranch, Ramona’s ranch (required tractor retrieve from the plowed field), Panoche (planned), Heber City (planned), Panguitch UT, Battle Mountain (planned), Modesto, Reid Hillview, New Jerusalem
|Flying with Nathan over San Antonio Valley|
|Oakland and San Francisco|
|Emerald Bay and Lake Tahoe|